? :: VicVerse: Woman In Chains ::

Song Sampled. Listener Interpreted. Daily Posted.

6.27.2004

Woman In Chains

Tears For Fears, from the album Seeds of Love

It's under my skin but out of my hands.

I'll tear it apart but I won't understand.
I will not accept the greatness of man.
(Orzabal)

Blogger sanchapa

Oleta Adams really does me good on this one. The lines I selected really sum the frustration of women's abuse, in Orzabal and Adams' plea throughout the first verses and chorus.... and are the last lyrics as the songs fades and turns into an anthemic call layered over a fantastic melodic guitar solo....

"so free her"....
I'll never forget the first time i heard this song, and saw its video. It moved me.

1:38 AM  
Blogger sanchapa

Now, I think I read somewhere that TFFears were releasing an album this year.
Seeds Of Love was one of the few poprock records I heard growing up....1989 was the height of New Jack Swing.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous

Hi! I want to introduce myself..
My name's Laksmi. I'm from Indonesia. But I recently fallen for TFF (hihihi....).
I recalled some of the TFF's song because I used to hear it on the radio when I was in elementary school.
I didn't know TFF that much because I was born after 1978. But 80's music took a special place in my heart. That includes TFF.
The "woman in chains" lyric really touch me. Eventhough it's not as popular as "shout", but it has a special meaning to me.
It reminded me of what's the important meaning of woman's freedom. In Indonesia,we have a woman hero named KARTINI.
This song and late Kartini sure reminds me that women these days must fight and capable to fight for what they want.
I don't have pictures here, but you all can find me in FRIENDSTER.Just add me:astro_gem_girl@yahoo.com

Salam
-Laksmi-

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< HOME