? :: VicVerse: Motorcycle Drive By ::

Song Sampled. Listener Interpreted. Daily Posted.

7.12.2004

Motorcycle Drive By

Third Eye Blind, from the album Third Eye Blind

Summer time and the wind is blowing outside in lower Chelsea.
And I don't know what I'm doing in this city,
The sun is always in my eyes.
It crashes through the windows, And I'm sleeping on the couch,
When I came to visit you,
That's when I knew, I could never have you,
I knew that before you did,
Still I'm the one that's stupid,
And there's this burning, Like there's always been,
I've never been so alone, And I've never been so alive.
Visions of you on a motorcycle drive by,
Cigarette ash flies in your eyes, And you don't mind, And you smile,
And say the world doesn't fit with you.
I don't believe you, You're so serene.
Careening through the universe, Your axis on a tilt, Guiltless and free,
I hope you take a piece of me with you,
And there's things I'd like to do that you don't believe in,
I would like to build something, You know it's never going to happen,
And there's this burning, Like there's always been,
I've never been so alone, And I've never been so alive,
And there's this burning, There is this burning.
Where's the soul? I want to know, New York City is evil.
The surface is everything, but I could never do that,
Someone would see through that.
And this will be the last time, We'll be friends again.
I'll get over you and you'll wonder, Where I am.
And there's this burning, Like there's always been,
I've never been so alone, And I've never been so alive.

I go home to the coast. It starts to rain, I paddle out, On the water, Alone.
Taste the salt and taste the pain. I'm not thinking of you again,
Summer dies and swells rise, The sun goes down in my eyes, See this rolling wave, Darkly coming to take me, Home.
And I never been so alone, And I've never been so alive.
(Jenkins)

Blogger david

the bar has just been lowered

7:03 AM  
Blogger victorious

No, the "drop" occured when I posted "The Search Is Over" for our mutual friend Jackson with my name branded at the footer of the blogpost. Involving him in your website is defintiely jumping the shark. I was suckered.

Perhaps I should have waited more than a week of the site's creation, to involve him. Can't resist a Chang!

I've invited others to join the site. "Finding the time" and "sparking interest" were of greater concern. VicVerse is listener supported..
Remember, posting Toby Keith lyrics, regardless of intentions, leaves "my" bar, up to debate. And I'm always willing to do that.
The intent of this website was too not only post your lyrics, but make some general commentary as to why posted. Submitted for a reason, I hope you'll share. It's a song thread, listener interpreted, thin-skinned need not show up.

If you'd still like an invite, email me at vimsa2@yahoo.com.
--------------------------------------
I like this song, ...though the lyrics are a bit too conversational, they still create great pictures. A breakup song according to Stephan Jenkins, involving a cross-country trip from San Fran to New York and back again which follows the song's same movements, acoustic to overdrive and back again.
I can't complain.

2:22 PM  
Blogger david

i'm just trying to stir the pot. you know i gotta hate on stephAn whenever i get the chance. i admire anyone that can write a song or anything for that matter.

2:35 PM  
Blogger victorious

Thank You, the pot must always be stirred. Just don't hate on Toby Keith, then it's personal. LOL

If the cigarette ash flew in my eye, I might have a problem with stephAn too.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous loanmotorcycle

When you're buying a motorcycle you need to know about bikes, but you also need to know about how to buy a bike, and that has nothing to do with engines and manufacturing. One important detail where a lot of people that purchase motorcycles go wrong is getting the right loan.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< HOME